I’m bed bound today with a crappy bout of a winter cold and I’m not very good at sitting still and resting.
In between naps, podcasts, reading The Girls and last minute stocking filler shopping, I’ve been reflecting on my fave bits of 2017. It’s been a pretty good one on the whole, incredibly busy and full but I’m going into 2018 happy that the last 12 months was kind to me and those I care about the most.
So here it is my 2017, in pictures and no particular order !
1. Ticking Iceland off the bucket list ! Whilst we didn’t manage to catch the Northern Lights just seeing the dramatic landscape laced in 20 inches snow was pretty special. Oh and selfieing with a wild horse that with we managed to convince my Mum was a unicorn was hilarious ! See told you Iceland was a pretty magical place
2. Moving home and starting from scratch to put our stamp on our new house. Meeting the most loveliest of neighbours anyone could hope for and really feeling a sense of comfort in our new four walls.
3. Experiencing our first family holiday to Cornwall ️ Me, Alex, my Mum and Dad, father-in-law Alan and his pooch Oscar all enjoying seaside fish + chips on St Ives nostalgic promenade.
4. Watching the absolute diamond that is my Nana turn 90 and sharing the special joint birthday with her celebrating 40s tea party style
5. Waking up at the breath taking @masseriamoroseta in Puglia and seeing the view for the first time. Also dining like king and queen on house chef @giorgiaeugenia amazing breakfasts, take me back !
6. Marking our first year of our neighbourhood store being open 🏻 I’d be lying if I said it’s been easy, it really hasn’t and it probably never will be ... but we are constantly looking forward and making exciting future plans to make Object better and stronger as a brand. We are forever grateful to wake up each day, go out there and do what we love
7. Finally, how could I forget a certain fury four legged addition that joined our family on our 2nd wedding anniversary this year ! Yes Polly, despite the new levels of sleep deprivation, your god awful flatulence habit 🤢 and extreme ability to chew through practically anything - we still love you - 15 minutes ago