Bone Broth Oven Baked Lamb with Oregano and Lemon 🍋
• 1.5kg lamb shoulder, meat removed from bone and cut into large chunks - bone reserved
• 2 diced red onions
• 3 cloves of garlic crushed or minced
• Few sprigs of fresh oregano
• 2 teaspoons of @meadowmarrowbonebroth
lemon and herb broth diluted in one cup of boiling water
• 1 medium lemon sliced, ends reserved
• 1 teaspoon grass fed butter
• Cracked black pepper, white pepper and salt for seasoning
• Plain flour for dusting meat
• Olive Oil for sealing meat
• Roasted veggies to serve, some sautéed spinach in a little lemon and garlic would be nice too.
Preheat oven to 170°. Put 2 tablespoons of plain flour and lamb chunks into a bag (i always take a few spares from the fruit and veg) and give a good shake around, then remove and dust off any access flour. Do then same to the bone. Season lamb well with Himalayan salt and cracked pepper.
In a pan, heat 2 - 3 tbs of olive oil over high heat and seal lamb in batches om all sides, including the bone then remove to baking dish.
Turn heat to low, add grass fed butter and a little more olive oil if needed, add red onion and cook over low heat for 5 - 10min seasoning with white pepper and salt until onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute before pouring onion mixture evenly over top of lamb. Randomly place oregano sprigs on top of lamb, do same with the sliced lemon and then squeeze any juice from the lemon ends over lamb for extra flavour. Pour over bone broth then cover tightly with foil and bake for 1hr and 30mins.
I popped my roast veggies on straight away.
Best lamb dish i have ever made and the broth is incredible!
#lemomandoreganolamb #brothinfused #meadowandmarrow #bonebroth #lemonandherb #guthealth #paleo #healthy #healthyeating #cleaneating #fresh #lowcarb #glutenfree #homemade #withlove #garlic #herbs #roastedveggies #cleaneating #eatclean #ilovefood #pumpkin #lemon #oregano #sweetpotato #onion #yum #ovenbaked - 2 minutes ago