New Years thoughts.... This year has been probably one of the biggest struggles of my life, I went into this year thinking it would be my year, I would make it my bitch, and it fell apart at every turn.
I have learned a lot though.
1) Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Takes constant work and dedication to be succesful. Relationships, physiques, jobs... If you want something to be great, you have to work at it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
2) Mediocre effort will yield mediocre results.
3) You can not control what you get back in this world. You can do your best and give something your all, but that does not guarantee or entitle you to anything.
4) Love is the most important thing we do. You can not control how someone loves you. You can not expect to receive love in the same way you give it. All you can do is love. What comes back to you is not for you to decide. But love, love more, love with every fiber of your being, that's why we are here.
5) Relationships are not 50/50. Some days they are 80/20. Some days they are 30/70.... Every day they need to be 100%, but if that day your partner can only give you 10%, then you have to work harder to make up that 90%. As do they. Relationships, even with 'the one' are work. Dedicate to them the same way you would to contest prep. You can't cheat it, you can't half ass it... Every day it has to be 100% just so you have the CHANCE of winning. There still are no gaurantees.
6) A person's opinion of you is only a reflection of their inner life. Be kind, even when they aren't.
7) The worst thing in this life is to go through it alone. Love recklessly while you can.
8) Nobody owes you anything.
9) Its ok to not know where you are going, or what you want to do, or to change your mind. It's not ok to do nothing.
#liftheavyshit - 15 days ago