When @mad_about_the_house asks you to write a list of 10 things that make your house a home, it’s hard to resist. So I didn’t. Here are #mytenthings - what are yours?
1) Proper wooden floors. Ideally original, but at a push engineered. With gorgeous rugs on top.
2) A fireplace. I’ve always lived in period properties and there’s something about a Victorian fireplace that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside (even when it’s not lit)
3) Peripheral lighting. Can’t bear harsh overheads - I might own large ceiling lights but I never switch them on
4) Words. On art, on tea towels, on the fridge. Words everywhere.
5) A bike. I love the feeling of having a mode of transport in my line of sight in case i need to scarper sharpish
6) My pink velvet armchair, bought in @tann_rokka years ago - my first proper fall-in-love interior item. Plus it's pink.
7) The lacquered Chinese jewellery box that used to belong to my Grandma. When open it plays a tune that instantly reminds me of her. Funnily enough, a similar item is on @mad_about_the_house 's list too
8) Amazing wallpaper. Anywhere. Everywhere. It makes my heart sing.
9) Flowers and plants. Mainly real, some fake, a few dead.
10) Books and magazines. Just enough so the Pink House Husband complains about ‘all your crap lying around all the time'... And there we go. Fancy sharing #mytenthings @fashionfoiegras @housecurious @erica_davies ? : @susielowephoto 🏻Tap for tags #cantcookwontcook #wherethefishfingershappen 🖖🏻 - 2 months ago