Last night I googled “best meatball sub in LA” because I had a craving, a BIG craving. 🤤 #meatballsub
As many incredible options as there are, I decided to save us money and make these subs myself! Lean turkey meatballs covered in marinara sauce and almond mozzarella cheese stuffed inside a toast sourdough baguette. I’m adding these to the “best meatball subs in LA” list. 🏻 #ballinonabudget
Meatball subs: (Makes four subs)
* One sourdough baguette
* 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
* 1/4 cup bread crumbs
* 1 teaspoon dry basil
* Black pepper to taste
* 3/4 cup almond mozzarella cheese shreds
* 1-2 cups arugula sprouts
* 1 cup no salt added marinara sauce
Directions: * In a medium size bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, dry basil, and pepper until completely mixed.
* Using a tablespoon, make 20-23 turkey meatballs, and cook on a sprayed skillet.
* Once the meatballs are cooked, add 3/4 of the marinara sauce to the pan, and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Until the sauce is warm. Cut the baguette into four equal parts, slice in half, and toast in the oven or a toaster oven.
* Once the baguettes are half way toasted, carefully remove from toaster, fill with 3-4 meatballs, 2 tablespoons almond mozzarella cheese, and arugula. * Return to toaster and toast until cheese is melted.
* Once toasty, plate the subs, and cover with the remaining marinara sauce. #sammiesmash
Oh, we drank sparkling water while we ate these subs, felt pretty fancy! 🥂#whatrobineats - 11 days ago