Here is Siphon brewing method video. I recorded this at Starbucks.
Below is the step by step guide and insight.
1. Fill your siphon’s bottom component, or “bulb,” with 300 grams of hot water.
2. Drop filter into the bottom of your siphon’s top component, or “hopper,” and hook to the bottom of the hopper’s glass tubing.
3. Insert the hopper, filter and all, into the bulb. Position the entire assembly above your heat source.
4. While the water is heating, measure out 25 grams of coffee and grind it just little bit finer than you would for regular drip coffee.
5. Soon, the water in the bulb will begin boiling and rise up into the hopper. A little bit will stay in the bottom.
6. Once the water has moved into the hopper, turn your heat source off. Add your coffee, and gently submerge it with a bamboo paddle.
7. Let the coffee brew, undisturbed, for one minute and 10 seconds.
8. Your coffee should take another minute or so to draw downward and finally rest in the bulb. You'll know it's ready when a dome of grounds has formed at the top of the filter, and when the coffee at the bottom has begun to bubble at approximately the pace and strength of a kitten’s heartbeat.
9. Remove the hopper and serve. In order to guarantee the most complex cup, give the coffee a few minutes to cool.
Note: The ratio of water to coffee ground is very important in this method.
Siphon method produces thick and deeply extracted coffee.
#caféhabitué #coffeeaddict #coffeelover #coffeeholic #coffee #Siphon #BrewingMethod #Starbucks - 26 days ago