'collect memories (and friends) not things'
On my way back I am trying to replay all beautiful memories (with a fried brain after quite a few flight hours and short nights), here an attempt of a summary about an unforgettable week in my beloved Ghana: - our hospital project where I had the honor working with the sharp minds (and in the meantime good friends) of #UGBS , #Yale , #Berkeley and #IE : a beautiful #adventure where #healthcare politics and #cultures and teamwork came perfectly together: so proud and grateful having been part of this amazing group of smart and lovely people
- football with locals, (afro-salsa) #dancing and nightswimming - will it get any more beautiful?
- plantain, fresh fish , chicken, rice, repeat. (Does anyone have a recipe of that red tomato sauce that came with the white rice - missing/craving it already!)
- #monkeys and mosquito bites (those tiny monsters clearly loved my legs, look like a raisin bread)
- #friendlyness getting a new meaning in Ghana, loveliest people on Earth: truly #amazing !
- capecoast and the slave castles where I was ashamed to be Dutch and once more got reminded we all need to make sure to be keep on working on #equity , #inclusion and fight against poverty and discrimination (and black Pete, @blackarchives @mitchelesayas I got your back - even more after I have seen and heard the slavery stories here again)
- my new name: Anne White (I coincidently saw a taxi driver writing this down and we had a good #laugh about it when i mentioned I indeed needed a tan;))
- (new) #friends and beautiful #inspiring conversations - #love and friendship (and a glass of wine once in a while) is all we need
- #girlpower of Ghanean women: proud of your strength and hard work for the society!
- tree (local language) lessons and #drumsessions until our hands hurted: mini-parties are just around the corner in #Accra
- (extremely) impressive #lifestories where I once more learned that nothing is impossible, that kindness (and cash, in Ghana)) are king and that you can never learn enough from other (beautiful) people. I simply feel #blessed ️ - 5 hours ago