An ultra light cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture and topped with fresh whipped cream. This simple Mexican dessert is one of our favorites!
Tres leches Cake (serves 10)
For the cake:
-470 gm Flour -236 gm Sugar
-10 gm Baking powder
-1 gm Salt
-9 large Eggs (separated)
-10 ml Vanilla essence
For the topping
-700 gm Rich’s Bettercreme -100 gm Rich’s New Niagara Farms
• Preheat oven to 200°C.
• Generously grease 8x8 cake tin pans.
• In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
• In a mixing bowl, pour in egg whites and beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks are formed.
• In another mixing bowl, pour in egg yolks and beat on medium-high speed until creamy and pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
• Add egg yolks to egg whites, stirring gently.
• Add flour mixture to the egg mixture folding in gently.
• Pour batter into prepared cake pan and cook for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
• Remove the cake from the oven and turn out the two pans onto separate trays with a rim. Cut off edges if desired.
• Using a fork, generously poke holes all over in the top of the cake
• Pour the Rich’s Sweetmate onto the hot cake, letting it soak in as you are pouring. Make sure to pour around the edges.
• Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or until serve time.
• Apply whipped Rich’s New Niagara Farms on top & serve chilled. - 43 seconds ago