Yesterday was the day that I had arranged for my children go to my mum's and I had 3 hours of uninterrupted and dedicated work time.
wohooooooo!! I had plans for what I wanted to do, I was going to spend time chasing the sun around the house and listen to beautiful music while creating content for my business page.
I mostly did that...... However during that time, I noticed some self-sabotaging behaviour and thoughts coming up, “I was panicking about the time I have left and telling myself not to waste it” and then doing exactly that by going on to social media sites and mindlessly scrolling.
I also noticed the “not enough” song being played. You haven’t done enough with your time, you haven’t created enough content, you haven’t finished what you have started” etc
I found it so interesting for me to recognise and observe these thoughts and behaviours
I know it was showing me a glimmer of my unconscious beliefs and patterns
If you think of the iceberg analogy, only 10% of it shows above water (which are our conscious thoughts) the other 90 percent of the iceberg (our unconscious thoughts) is under the water and is revealed through our repetitive thoughts and behaviours that create our beliefs. 🦋Fun fact most of the way we see the world (our beliefs) were formed in the years 0-7 years old!! 🦋
We can change our beliefs and behaviours!
The trick is to;
NOTICE the unconscious thoughts when they come bubbling to the surface or when you are triggered by something or someone.
RECOGNISE them for what they are. You may have had this belief since you were 5 years old and once you examine it you can then decide it no longer serves you as an adult.
RESPOND to them by choosing a better feeling thought, Or make an positive affirmation that helps to rewire your brain with a new thought.
Be kind for yourself in the process and don't make yourself wrong for the thoughts you are having they are just thoughts!!
I hope this helps you!
Erin Marie - 11 hours ago