I don't care if promise rings are for the lovers, I'm stepping in! This may sound strange to some, but after everything I’ve accomplished, and how far I’ve come over the past few years, I think I should promise my own self a few things too.
– I promise to love myself.
– I promise not to give up on love.
– I promise to fight for what I believe in.
– I promise to take care of my health, both physically and mentally, to the best of my ability.
– I promise to be honest about my fears, dreams, wants, and emotions.
– I promise to keep an open mind and to meet new people.
– I promise to get out of bed and do something productive, even on days when it feels impossible.
– I promise to put my family first.
– I promise to remind people how much I value them.
– I promise to try new things, to keep learning, to not give up.
– I promise not to lose hope, to doubt myself, or worry myself too much.
– I promise to stay true to the person I am and who I want to be.
– I promise to remind myself that I’m totally capable of a lot of really cool things.
And while I know there will be days that I will bend or break these promises, I think that vowing these things to myself today, through some sort of physical symbol like this ring, (which I’ll see right in front of my face every day – it’s too sparkly to miss), I’ll work twice as hard to stay committed to my goals.
This ring will also serve as a reminder to me, to take care of myself, and to not lose sight of what’s truly important to me – because I’ve tied it’s significant meaning to so many important things.
I’ve always found value in promises, (especially pinky promises), but I always thought promises were something you HAD to share with someone else.
Today however, I’m really enjoying the thought of this promise ring being all about me and my commitment to just myself – my dreams, my wants, and about what I know will make me the most happy in this life.
I know this concept isn’t for everyone, but I’m curious, what promises would you make yourself?
#mybaby - 3 minutes ago