9 Ways to Fix Your Gut – There are many symptoms for a dysfunctional gastrointestinal (GI) tract, and they often manifest in others systems of the body. This makes it hard to pinpoint the root cause. Some symptoms of a leaky gut unrelated to GI issues are a poor immune system , headaches/brainfog, excessive fatigue, skin problems, sugar cravings, joint pain, and autoimmune diseases. So below are 9 ways to fix your gut: *
1. don’t take antibiotics unless you Really need them. Even over-the-counter pills, like ibuprofen and other NSAIDS, can damage the “tight junction” of cells that line your digestive tract, which can allow toxins and other compounds into your blood stream (“leaky gut”). Instead, take natural anti-inflammatories like turmeric (cur cumin) and boswellia.
2. Intolerances result from eating too much gluten/wheat, which can then lead to elevated levels of zonulin, which leads to leaky gut. Modern wheat contains strains of gluten different from the grains humans ate 100 years ago.
3. Can often be your favorite foods
4. The more the variety of bacteria, the better. Also, make sure your probiotics supps come and stay refrigerated to ensure they are alive.
5. Intense workouts increase cortisol, which increases histamine, which increases gastric acid, leading to bloating and the release of other compounds that can cause leaky gut.
6. Provides indigestible fiber for gut microflora and promotes gut diversity.
7. A form a fiber that we can’t digest so it feeds our gut microflora & strengthens the tight junction. Eg. Raw potato, green bananas, oats, tiger nuts, peas, cooked and cooled potatoes and white rice.
8. Your intestines don’t deal well with incompletely digested food. Chew your food 45 times.
9. Good sleep optimize hormones, stress, neurotransmitters, etc. that affect the above processes.
#mealprep #fitfood #cooking #fitspo #cleaneats #macros #cleaneating #foodforfuel #foodfacts #nutrition #health #healthyfood #healthy #gut #guthealth #leakygut #probiotics #healthyeating #healthylifestyle #healthychoices #sleep - 53 minutes ago