10 FREE THINGS TO HELP THE EARTH (that take 5mins or less) Part 1.
Most of you have heard already that the last male white Rhino died yesterday.
I was asked a good question, about how to get people to care? and its a tricky one to answer.
I guess my first step to to make it easier for people, take away excuses or obstacles that people have about Earth care...both our greatest powers as an individual and our motivation to do the wrong thing...money $$ and time
10 FREE THINGS TO HELP THE EARTH. (that take 5 mins or less)
1) Pray, yes...pray.
Whilst I would consider it arrogance to say I hold the corner store on pain and suffering, I will (without giving details) say that my family and myself have been through stuff that I would not wish on anyone...the best way out of "pain soup" is to grow in compassion.
Prayers for the Earth, visualization, a letter to God, a ceremony to honour Nature, theres good reason why traditional people do this.
2) Gratitude, pretty easy really, just saying the words THANK YOU...no one can take gratitude from you, it's a birth right...Thank your food, the sky, the air, the water you drink, the animals, the sun, the rain, the eco system,
the planet your living on.
3) Turn the Wifi off, yep...turn if off! tec may be a wonderful thing but going 24 hrs (at least 12) without it is actually going to help both you and the earth. I also turn off my wifi at bedtime and when leaving the house. .
4) Don't buy crap you don't need, no other way to put it. Consumption is sometimes about trying to fill a hole (or whole) thats not going to be filled with what you want to buy.
5) Eat your groceries, tricky with kids yes, tricky if your kitchen experiments fail, but make a commitment to eat 100% of what you've bought for 1 week...see how you go and review your shopping if needed.
6) Greet the sun, my teacher taught me this, every morning for 2 mins go outside or at least to a window and say "good morning sun, thank you, I love you" or just "Hi" . - 9 hours ago