What is S. A. S. (Strong ass Saturdays) is a modified Strongman workout that helps build muscle, drop body fat, and shape your body. Why is this different than doing cardio? Cardio (running and/or long durations on the elliptical or treadmill) will only help you lose weight, meaning dropping body fat AND muscle. Muscle mass is hard to retain which is why you want to be smart about your training to ensure you keep all that hard earned muscle. :
Here are 5 benefits of S.A.S.
1. Fat Loss- Large amounts of lactate will accumulate due to the high volume of work and short rest periods, creating metabolic disturbances which will lead to a greater increase in growth hormone. This means your body will continue to burn fat over the next 24 hours post workout. :
2. Less Muscle Breakdown- The majority of Strongman exercises are concentric only, which means you limit the amount of muscle soreness. This is a huge benefit because you can increase training frequency without overtraining.
3. Functional Strength- Performing heavy lifts, caring awkward objects and pushing heavy weight around will transfer into everyday life making daily tasks easier.
4. Mental Strength- Working in a group environment will help motivate you and your partners to push you out of your comfort zone, developing strength and power you didn’t know was possible.
5. Improve Posterior Chain- The majority of our population are quad dominate and have a weak upper back. So, performing exercises such as tire flips, Farmers walks, heavy carries and deadlifts will help you improve imbalances. These exercise develop strong glutes, hamstrings, erectors and core. Which is great for your posture and preventing injury. :
#strongman #gymratsfit #modifiedstrongman #gym #buildmuscle #losebodyfat #functionaltraining #improvebodycomposition #lean #screwcardio #fatloss #muscle #stronger #teamwork #gettin #happyhumpday #humpday #gainz - 1 day ago