HOW WOMEN INTERNALIZE THE PATRIARCHY:
1. pressure themselves to conform to hetero male beauty ideals and rules of behavior.
2. instinctively see other women as competitors to be crushed instead of collaborators in feminism and inspirations to be better and stronger humans.
3. have secret sex with other women’s male partners and feel victorious about it.
4. take on the role of being “one of the guys,” denounce other women to “fit in,” and refuse deep female friendships.
5. over-identify with hetero male visions of the ideal goddess archetype.
6. feel hatred for the prettiest girl in the room.
7. slut shame women.
8. fat shame women.
9. femme/beauty shame women.
10. believe their worth is only as good as the men they sleep with, the external beauty compliments they receive, and/or being seen as better (read: prettier, sexier, more confident) than other women.
HOW WILL YOU SMASH THE PATRIARCHY INSIDE YOU TODAY? The patriarchy wins when it becomes so normalized it lives inside women without their consent. I’m a femme looking nonbinary human being, and because I can pass as female, I find myself somewhat accidentally entangled in patriarchical wars with other women and with myself. Women who aim to crush my spirit and steal my power under the guise of empowerment and sex positivity. I expect it from men (sorry guys, you still have work to do before I’ll expect different), but women can be the surprising double agents of patriarchy, infiltrating with a nasty agenda. But lies, shaming, secrecy about sex, and a war of who is prettier will never compel me. I remember when I used to hate women. The truth is I was misgendering myself and hated who I felt forced to be. I don’t hate women, and I don’t hate men. But I hate what the patriarchy has done to all of us. And so I pray we can all weather the deep conversations we must have with our own hearts and minds, and that we can emerge liberated, honest, and united. -
#smashthepatriarchy #internalizedmisogyny #gendernotgenitals #rosenamajunas #ufcwomen #warriorsforpeace #thefutureisnonbinary #liberation #feminism #truth - 19 hours ago